BSBDES302A

Monday, May 31, 2010


Chaos and Control
I've done the same theme for both chaos and control. One room is ordered and equal whilst the other is not ordered and not equal. The floral mugs are my own.


Heaven and Hell
For heaven I researched other culture's beliefs of heaven and made a composit of different symbols including: cloudy sky (my own image), a path which represents the path taken to heaven, Chinese Zhou Dynasty Oracle script for Tian, the character for Heaven or sky, Deva (gods in Hinduism), and hands reaching up to the sky, offering their soul.
For Hell, I chose to do something personal, what would be hell for me. I am terrified of spiders so I thought I would incorporate them into my image, being the dominate theme. If I were to go to hell this is probably what it would be like - being tortured by big black scary spiders. My own image here is the background and the girl (my sister) lying off to the side, being attacked by spiders.


Dissonance and Harmony
For harmony I included calm, happy images, including people holding hands, laughing and smiling. I believe we can all have harmony if we embrace others regardless of what race, religion, gender, etc., they are. For Dissonance I went with something more literal, less personal, with a green island in the middle of a desert where it doesn't belong with the sand and the scorpions. The pattern on the scorpions are actually from a photograph I took of some pomegranates outside in our garden. I chose to do this because the pomegranate symbolises fertility, something you wouldn't associate with a desert. The cracks in the image are just to create some chaos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment