Logo + Website Skin

Friday, June 4, 2010
We were given the task to design a logo for a business. We drew these businesses from a hat, and with the business name we were given a pantone colour to go with it. My business was Bill Smith's Plumbing, PANTONE 3005, a really nice blue. I researched a lot of plumbing business websites and most of the logos had water drops or taps. One bizarre one had a jumble pipes and faucets so I wanted to go with something really simple but identifiable. This is what I came up with:


PANTONE 3005 C
C=100, M=34, Y=0, K=2
R=0, G=129, B=198

WHITE
C=0, M=0, Y=0, K=0
R=255, G=255, B=255

We then had to make a skin for a website using the two PANTONE colours plus another three to have a collection of five hues. We were also allowed to use unlimited shades and tints of these colours. I just used the white, plus shades and tints of PANTONE 3005 because on most of the plumbing websites I found there wasn't a huge range of hues used.

Here's what I came up with:

0 comments:

Post a Comment