Modern Kraft Graphic Design Conference Poster

Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Modern Kraft
Graphic Design Conference
May 24-28 2010
Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour

Coming up with a design for this was both difficult and not at the same time. Researching other graphics posters were good for inspiration but the challenging part was making it appropriate. I wanted something that didn't look corperate, something that was bold and fun. The idea for the type came from a poster I found on dA where the abbreviation for the exhibition was the main focus of the poster. It went in a backwards 'J' shape coming from the top of the page, curving off to the side and I thought the idea was great so I incorporated it into my own work. The layout of the poster was probably the easiest part for me , even though I had to change it around a bit to match with the typeface I'd picked for the main focus. Choosing such a typeface was also difficult because of the lack of choices on Illustrator (I guess I'm a bit picky when it comes to fonts), but with some rearranging I came up with a solution.

I made three colour versions of the poster. I decided that simple but bright colour schemes are more effective overall instead of having five or so colours. I like the blue and orange best.



I took the first version of the poster for revision - the printed version turned out red and blue instead of the orange and aqua-coloured blue and I forgot to save with the white (oops) so it didn't look as good as I pictured. Looking at the revised versions now I think the white was off in the first place.

In the revision I was told the text should maybe be a brighter colour so it stands out more, like white, so this is what I came up with.

1 comments:

khutazadesigns said...

Hi,
I enjoy reading a lot and your stories are worth reading, nice blog, keep it up,Modern Kraft Graphic Design so nice...........

Photographer Durban

Post a Comment