In Space...
for this image, I didn't want to overload it with spaceships and rockets and other objects, so I decided to build everything up from scratch so I could have a simple and tranquil space scene. I made the background with the stars, the planets, the commets, and the leaves of the tree all on my own. The tree itself was taken from a photo on deviantArt. The tree was something I added to make the scene subtly surreal.




A Brush with Fame...
I placed myself in this screen cap of Johnny Depp from the brilliant film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. The link to the original can be found here: http://media.elasticpop.com/images/SweeneyTdd_Still_PK_00261.jpg
I played around a lot with coloured layers and blend modes and selective colour (a personal Photoshop love of mine). It was quite difficult to begin with but once I got the hand of the tools and effects, it became very enjoyable. Unfortunately, my costume wasn't half as great as Helena Bonham-Carter's costumes in the film.


Me, Myself and I..
I'm sure I'm not the only one who found this to be the least enjoyable part of the assessment. The photography part of it was fun, but putting it together wasn't as amusing, especially when you have ten yous looking back at you. I'm disappointed with this one because the quality isn't great; it's pixelated and just blah - having a point and shoot camera doesn't give you the most desireable results.


When It Rains, It Pours..
For this part of the assessment, I wanted to explore a more fun theme. The idea behind "when it rains, it pours" is that when something (eventually) happens, be it something good or bad, it happens all at once. My thought was that, what if you were at a kissing booth and you've had no customers for a long time, then all of a sudden all these people come to line up? My other thought was that, what if all of these people came up, they were a bunch of more "undesireable" people? So for this I added people like Mr. Bean, Prince Charles, George Bush and Poida. I certainly wouldn't want them to visit a kissing booth I was working at!

0 comments:

Post a Comment